Thursday, June 4, 2009

Setting up to launch an all out assault-GIO

I've got a few things to do before I can start my "assault" ( promoting campaign)

1. Finish up this CG for my writer friend Randy so he can put links to Eternal on his book's site.
2. Finish the last two pages of Eternal ( coloring them)
3. Color the other 2 page spreads in Eternal
4. color the CG extras in my upcoming printed book. Including Character Sheets

That's all for the book! 4 things. And with my new way of CGing, it shouldn't take me too long to do them.

When I finish the book, I should have 3dStudio Max 2010 by then. With my modeling knowledge I gained few years ago when I was trying to make a game, I should be able to model characters and backgrounds for promotional videos of key moments in my series.
These moments include:

Not in this order.
1. Banta Hue's overthrowing Omnigon Illuminati's Council 6
2. Chester Cheshir Ramin's side story preview
3. Giovanni Gonzalez/ Neoreign side story preview
4. Beginning of Session 2 explaining T.E.A. ( Trigger Effect Ability)

I'm only showing glimpes of the best parts of Eternal. I'm not going to give anything else away.

I haven't modeled in awhile, but the last time I started modeling in Silo, I could see my modeling improved alot, due to my newly gained knowledge of proportion and anatomy. Modeling is actually pretty easy once you get used to 3d Max's UI. It's just REAAALLY time comsuming. Especially bone rigging.

One set back I have is I don't have one of those motion capture suits like all those really good 3d movies have lol But it's still possible to mimic natural movement with enough trial and error. ( ALOT of trial and error actually) So it won't be so bad. I think I did UVW Unwrapping like once on Blender, so I have alittle bit of an idea on how texturing can be done on 3ds Max. I'll be making textures in GIMP, my new favorite Free program to be using.

I have no new pictures to put up.

Let me see, anything else new? Oh yeah, I still can't get the hang of advanced perspective. It's really distressing. Whatever. Since I know how to make backgrounds in 3dSmax, I might just screen capture a render and use that for Eternal and just draw the characters. Not sure. My coloring is better than my inking I've been told, so i might just CG color Eternal after this book. Not sure. Anyways, that's all for now. One!-GIO

No comments:

Post a Comment